Friday, June 26, 2009

Ancient Music ....

Early proto-metal ... The Gun :



In the same vein and the same year, more high-speed classical guitar from a young Dave Edmunds :



I don't know how my children discovered this (aha - it was featured in a Simpsons episode) but they went through a stage of singing it every day - until I was moved to seek out the source. The ski coach to Sauze D'Oulx isn't like this :




And some wonderful, classy slush which you'll either love or hate. Literate lyrics.




Love this guitar opening. 44 years ago. Beware of the loud volume :



Back to the roots - great song and great delivery by Jerry Butler. I'll have to get Randy Crawford's incendiary version onto Youtube :

2 comments:

The Adolescent 46 Year Old said...

Heh heh! Thanks for posting these! The Lesley Gore one is brilliant! So camp and over the top it's cool. I've put it on my own so-called blog. Marvelous stuff. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Love the first one - got any Atomic Rooster?